When searching the library catalog, you may come across items that are checked out to other patrons. You can tell that an item has been checked out to someone else if there is a due date listed.
When this happens, there may be an option for you to place a hold on an item.
To place a hold in the library catalog:
- Start at the library catalog and search for an item.
- If you see a due date, the item is checked out to another patron.
- To get this item, click Place Hold and login with your library catalog credentials.
- Select the library where you would like to pick up the item (UAF Mather or UAF Rasmuson) and click Place Hold(s).
- Verify the hold was successful and click OK.
- You will not receive a confirmation email, but you will receive an email when the item is ready to be picked up.